Accreditation and Certification
- NABL accreditation of all labs since 2008
- First medical college in the country to have all its labs accredited with entire scope
- NABH accreditation Blood Bank since 2010)
- Second medical college in Gujarat
- NAAC accreditation of Institute of Physiotherapy since 2013
- First Medical College in Gujarat
- NABH accreditation for Management Information Systems since 2014
- First Medical College and institutional centre in the country
- NABH accreditation for Hospital since 2014
- First Medical College in Gujarat
- NABH certification for Nursing Excellence since 2015
- First Medical College in the country
- Green OT Certification by Bureau Veritas since 2015
- First Medical College in the Country
- NABH certification for Nursing excellence
- Ninth healthcare institution in the Country
- Green OT certification for Operation Theaters. A quality bench mark for Operation Theatres.
- AHPI Award for Green Hospital for two consecutive year 2016, 2017.
- Express Public Health Award for Best Teaching Hospital 2017.
- Guide Star India – NGO Transparency Award 2016 & Guide Star India. Platinum
Seal – NGO Transparency Award 2017.
- CNBC TV18 feature showcasing ‘Healers of India’ under the Apollo Hospitals’ initiative.
- Finalist for FICCI Healthcare Excellence Awards for SPARSH (2017).
- D. L. Shah Quality Award for Silver Award for the case study, “A Working Model of a
Closed Critical Care Unit at a Rural Teaching Hospital” (2017).
Status of a Scientific Organisation awarded by Department of Science and Industrial
Regional Training Centre of MCI for faculty development programme since 2010.
Nodal Centre of MCI to run advanced course in Medical Education Technology since 2014.
MCI Award for Best Regional Centre for training more than 1000 faculty in 2014.
First (FAIMER - Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education & Research) Centre in 2012
Our College is granted the status as a Unit of UNESCO Chair of BioEthics, Gujarat State. The only unit in the State.
First to conduct National Consultations on Reforms in Medical Education in April 2011.
First to conduct National Consultations on Health Professions Education in April 2013.
PSMC has been approved for reporting of 'Adverse Drug Reactions' under the 'Pharmacovigilance Programme of India' run by Indian Pharmacopeia Commission, Ghaziabad, India.
Highest Publications in PUBMED Indexed Journals from Faculty of our College in Gujarat.
Training Centre for Palliative Care accorded by Govt of Gujarat (Only 2 Centres in the state of Gujarat) to have this recognition.
Representation of Dean and Other Faculty at Various Forums :
- Dr Utpala Kharod, Provost, was a member of Group of Experts to studey IMC Act,
1956, under the chairmanship of the Late Dr Ranjit Roy Chaudhary & Dr Hari
Gautam, during 2014 – 2016.
- Dr Shirish Srivastava, Professor, Dept of Surgery was member of MCI Committee
for Teacher Eligibility Qualification (TEQ). Officiated as Vice Chancellor of
SPUniversity during interim periods and Syndicate Member.
- Dr Himanshu Pandya, Professor & Dean, is National Faculty for Advance course
under National Faculty Development Program of Medical Council of India. Officiated
as Vice Chancellor of SP University during interim periods and Syndicate Member. President – Academy of Health Professional Education, India
- Dr Praveen Singh, Professor, Dept of Anatomy is member of Reconciliation
Committee for Undergraduate Curriculum of MCI.